Bama Borrower’s Card
Community Users may check out books in any of the University Libraries and the Health Science Library by purchasing a Bama Borrower’s Card at the Gorgas Library Circulation Desk or the Health Science Library. This does not include the Bounds Law Library.
To purchase a card you will need to:
- Present a valid driver’s license (must be 18 years or older)
- Fill out an application
- Pay an annual fee of $25.00 (cash or check only)
Borrower’s Card Policies
- The Bama Borrower’s Card is valid for 1 academic year (all cards expire on 8/15) and are not transferable
- Community Users must present a valid picture ID with the Borrowers card to check out or renew books.
- UA Dependents must present a valid dependent card issued by the Action Card Office to receive a Bama Borrower’s Card with no charge.
- Unless requested by another patron, books may be renewed one time through the libraries catalog or brought into the libraries for renewal
- Curriculum materials may not be renewed online
- Books may be recalled for use by another patron after 14 days
- Receipts are available upon request for returned items
- You are personally and financially responsible for materials charged on your Borrower’s card
- If your fines exceed $5.00, your circulation privileges will be blocked
- Fines may be paid in any University Library
- Library equipment (laptops, headphones, etc.) cannot be checked out with the Borrower’s card
- Failure to abide by these provisions will result in the cancelation of your card