Most new books arrive as e-books. Thousands of science, engineering, and nursing e-books are listed in Scout, the University Libraries' online discovery tool. Scout is an excellent tool for finding e-books from Springer, Elsevier, Knovel and other publishers/aggregators.
In Scout a search can be narrowed to e-books only. Search Tip: Enter keyword(s) in the search box. Then execute the search. In another step, refine your search. In the column on the left side of the Web page, under Source Types, check the box labeled ebooks. Next click on the button labeled UPDATE.
Major databases with extensive collections of e-books include:
- SpringerLink (sciences and engineering)
- Elsevier on ScienceDirect (sciences and engineering)
- Wiley Online Library
- R2 Digital Library (nursing)
- Knovel (engineering)
- ENGnetBASE (engineering)
- CHEMnetBASE (chemistry)
- Safari (computer science)
- Google Book Search
- HathiTrust Digital Library
- Encyclopedia Britannica Online