- The University of Alabama Libraries
- Libraries’ Policies
- Division of Special Collections Interlibrary Loan Policy
Materials in the Division of Special Collections are non-circulating. Special Collections does not lend materials. Photocopies can be requested through ILL according to the following conditions:
Photocopies of materials in the Division of Special Collections can be made depending on copyright compliance, condition of the item, and the length of the item.
- Copyright compliance
- Fair Use restrictions (10% of text may be copied)
- Condition – materials deemed too fragile will not be copied
- Length – 50 pages or less will be copied
- Items available online through HathiTrust Digital Library or other E-Resources will not be copied. Patrons should be referred to these resources if they exist.
All ILL requests for copies of material in the Division of Special Collections are handled through the University Libraries ILL Department