The University of Alabama Libraries are essential in advancing the educational mission of the University. We provide innovative instruction, services, and resources to facilitate teaching, research, and learning. The University of Alabama Libraries are committed to be student-centered and research-focused in order to support discovery, learning, and creativity at the Capstone.
We envision a future in which faculty and students have in-depth awareness of the resources available, skills to evaluate them, and a desire to pursue life-long learning.
- Providing excellent services and learning experiences for all members of the University community while promoting collaboration.
- Openness to diverse voices and perspectives for exchanging information and ideas.
- Access to comprehensive scholarly information resources that support campus curricula and contribute to the impact of the research lifecycle.
- Assessment and continuous improvement of our practices with a culture of accountability.
- Training and technology that support innovation and entrepreneurship.