How Do I…?
Browse UA Libraries’ most frequently asked questions or submit a question if you can’t find your answer.
- What is the difference between scholarly and popular publications?
- How do I find a book?
- How do I find journal, magazine, or newspaper articles?
- How do I find an argumentative article?
- Where can I find a quiet place to study in Gorgas?
- How do I set up a VPN on my computer?
- How does this service work?
- What is considered a reputable print source?
- How do I find out how many times an article has been cited?
- What are the library’s hours?
- What are peer reviewed journal articles and how do I find them?
- How do I reserve a room for group study?
- I’m a Distance Ed student. How can I have books mailed to me?
- Is there a specific Distance Ed Librarian?
- Do I need an appointment for math, chemistry, and physics tutoring in Gorgas?
- How do I reserve Room 205 in Gorgas Library?
- What happens if I lost a book?
- What computer software is available in the libraries?
- How do I request an item via Interlibrary Loan (ILL)?
Ask A Librarian: Instant Answers to FAQs
Contact the Libraries
Gorgas: (205) 348-6047
Bruno: (205) 348-1080
McLure : (205) 348-6055
Rodgers: (205) 348-2100
Hoole: (205) 348-0500
Text us between 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday, to (205) 377-0920
Standard text messaging charges apply.