This form is for Library Instruction for EN101/102/103/104
For all other instruction (including English Literature), please submit a request using our General Instruction Request Form.
Library Instruction Requests for EN102/103/104 must be submitted by the end of the first week of the semeter in order to receive priority scheduling. Once a request is submitted, a librarian will follow up with you within 5 business days to confirm an instruction date and location. If you do not receive a librarian follow up within 5 business days or if you have questions, please contact Sara Whitver via email at email@example.com or call (205) 348-0896.
Help us make these sessions a success by observing the following guidelines
- For Spring 2015 please submit instruction requests before January 16, 2015
- Instructors must submit a separate form for each section they are teaching
- Instructors must schedule the session to coincide with a research assignment
- Instructors should be present during the session
The University Libraries offer a 2-session sequence of Inforamtion Literacy Library Instruction for EN 102, 103 and 104 throughout the fall, spring, and summer terms. These sessions are designed as working sessions and must be scheduled to coincide with an assignment requiring library research.
Our session learning outcomes are as follows
Libary Day 1
- Student will develop an appropriately narrow research question in order to be able to identify key concepts
- Students will extract relevant keywords and related search terms from their thesis statement or research question in order to develop a targeted search strategy
- Student will identify related search terms (broad, narrow and parallel) in order to adjust their search strategy
Libary Day 2
- Students will distinguish between different types of resources in order to select relevant and reliable sources appropriate to the topic and assignment
- Students will use abstracts, subject headings and limiters in order to narrow a search successfully
The Spring 100-Level English Library Sign-ups will be closed onJanuary 16th.
To schedule a session, please complete the form below. For questions please contact Sara Whitver via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (205) 348-0896.
Please submit a separate form for each section.