The Alabama Collection is long recognized as the premiere collection of Alabama materials in the world. The collection strives to be a comprehensive collection of all books by Alabamians, about Alabama, and/or published in the state of Alabama. These materials document the unique cultural and historical experience of Alabama.
The Alabama Collection is a continually expanding collection consisting of published materials in a variety of formats, made up of publications in whole or in part about Alabama, by Alabama authors, or published in Alabama.
This collection includes:
- local and country history materials
- pamphlets and other ephemeral publications
- books by Alabama authors
- The Crimson-White, UA’s school newspaper
- Marr’s Field Journal, UA literary publication
- Black Warrior Review, UA literary publication
- UA course catalogs, bulletins, telephone directories, football guides
- A full run of The Corolla, UA annual/yearbook is housed as ready reference in the W.S. Hoole reading room
- Unpublished materials housed in the University Archives
Photographic collections, manuscripts, and artifacts serve as companion materials to the published works in the Alabama Collection.