Uploading Audio To Acumen
1) starting on the Share drive, make sure all tiffs are in a Transcripts folder
2) create any OCR needed from transcript images
3) create MP3s and place in an MP3 folder
4) plug in the flash drive that contains the ImageMagick software, unless you have it installed on your desktop.
5) note the path to ImageMagick. Example: "F:\ImageMagick" if using the flash on the F drive of your desktop.
6) use S:\Digital Projects\Administrative\scripts\audio\makeJpegs.pl to generate jpegs into Upload directory. (This directory should be at the same level as Transcripts.) The script will ask you for the path to ImageMagick.
7) Spot check the output. There should be 3 jpegs for every tiff. One ends in _128, one in _512, and one in _2048. These correspond to the number of maximum pixels to a side. The one ending in "_128.jpg" is a thumbnail. The one ending in "_2048.jpg" is a large image; the "_512.jpg" is the mid-sized default used in display.
--a) upload jpegs to Jeremiah's home directory on libcontent1, into the AUDIO/jpegs directory
--b) upload ocr to Jeremiah's home directory on libcontent1, into the AUDIO/ocr directory
--c) upload mp3s to Jeremiah's home directory on libcontent1, into the AUDIO/mp3 directory
9) delete jpegs, ocr, and mp3s on the share drive after upload is complete.
10) export spreadsheet of completed items if not already done; create MODS files. Upload these into the AUDIO/MODS directory and delete locally.
11) open a command-line window in SSH. Type in: `cd AUDIO/scripts`. This will change your working directory to the one where the scripts are.
12) run relocate_audio script in AUDIO/scripts directory: type in: `relocate_audio` . This distributes the jpegs, MODS, ocr and mp3s in Acumen. It will delete the local copies, so you can reuse the same directories over and over. This script assumes that jpegs and ocr are transcripts. Watch for errors on the command line.
13) check the upload directories. Any files remaining are problems and were not distributed. Repair and rerun the script.
13) Check the website and make sure everything is hunky dory. :-)
14) exit out of secure shell. Good work!!