The Plan: 2016-2017
From UA Libraries Digital Services Planning and Documentation
Revision as of 08:22, 24 May 2016 by Jlderidder
Metadata & Digital Services will support the academic mission of the university through provision of research collections and services.
- Digitizing special collections materials for online delivery, including development of metadata.
- Monthly counts of progress will be collected.
- Assisting faculty in Digital Humanities efforts
- Multiple projects will be completed.
- Developing A/V workflows and procedures
- Inventory will be completed, workflow established, and tracking database developed.
- Implementing an Institutional Repository
- New policies and procedures will be developed for incoming ETDs, supplemental material, and other contributions.
Metadata & Digital Services will support the University’s call to pursue economies and efficiencies which will enable internal reallocation of resources and lead to quality improvements by...
- Continuing to regularly evaluate all workflows to seek methods of improvement.
- At least two workflow improvements will be identified and implemented within the coming year.
- Identifying appropriate digital intake procedures and developing appropriate guidelines and workflows.
- Measurement: Wiki documentation and policies will be updated and expanded, and appropriate workflows implemented.
- Identifying improvements needed in web delivery
- Measurement: At least one user/usability study will be implemented, and the results analyzed, resulting in recommendations for web access improvement.
- Increasing capacity
- Multiple staff members will develop increased expertise which enable them to contribute numerous improvements to our workflows, procedures, and access methodology.
Metadata & Digital Services will increase awareness and knowledge of its collections and e-resources among graduate students and faculty members by...
- Developing faceted search capabilities for Acumen.
- Support for date, genre and geographical facets will be completed.
- Increasing access to digital content
- Google Analytics results will improve measurably over the next year.
Metadata & Digital Services will foster an environment of improved two-way communication and collaboration by...
- Providing monthly updates of content in Acumen to Curators, Metadata Unit, and others who request notifications.
- Measurement: Monthly updates will occur via email, in either XML or Excel form as requested.
- Progress: These reports are occurring regularly.
- Sharing information of current policies, procedures and methods on our wiki and with each other.
- Measurement: All new and modified policies and procedures will be posted to the DS wiki and shared at meetings.
- Participating in committees and meetings on the library and university level.
- Measurement: M&DS staff/faculty will attend University and library committee/other meetings as appropriate.