The Plan: 2016-2017
From UA Libraries Digital Services Planning and Documentation
Revision as of 09:51, 23 May 2016 by Jlderidder
Metadata & Digital Services will support the University’s call to pursue economies and efficiencies which will enable internal reallocation of resources and lead to quality improvements by...
- Continuing to regularly evaluate all workflows to seek methods of improvement.
- Measurement: At least one workflow improvement will be identified and implemented within the coming year.
- Identifying appropriate preservation metadata and determining the best method for its collection.
- Measurement: Preservation metadata for audio WAV and ETD PDFs will be finalized, and processes implemented to capture and store in appropriate standards.
- Measurement: Initial intake protocols will be defined and documented on the wiki; initial testing methods will be determined and documented on the wiki; initial guidelines for normalization and management of content, as well as preparation for both archiving and web delivery, will be developed and documented on the wiki.
Metadata & Digital Services will increase awareness and knowledge of its collections and e-resources among graduate students and faculty members by...
- Digitizing special collections materials for online delivery.
- Measurement: Monthly counts of progress will be collected.
- Progress: Updates are shared via email monthly and posted online.
- Developing faceted search capabilities for Acumen.
- Increasing access to digital content
Metadata & Digital Services will support the academic mission of the university through strong collections and services.
- Assisting faculty in Digital Humanities efforts
Metadata & Digital Services will foster an environment of improved two-way communication and collaboration by...
- Providing monthly updates of content in Acumen to Curators, Metadata Unit, and others who request notifications.
- Measurement: Monthly updates will occur via email, in either XML or Excel form as requested.
- Progress: These reports are occurring regularly.
- Sharing information of current policies, procedures and methods on our wiki.
- Measurement: All new and modified policies and procedures will be posted to the DS wiki.
- Participating in committees and meetings on the library and university level.
- Measurement: M&DS staff/faculty will attend University and library committee/other meetings as appropriate.