The Plan: 2014-2015
From UA Libraries Digital Services Planning and Documentation
Revision as of 14:33, 7 July 2014 by Kgmatheny
Digital Services will support the University’s call to pursue economies and efficiencies which will enable internal reallocation of resources and lead to quality improvements by...
- Continuing to regularly evaluate all workflows to seek methods of improvement.
- Measurement: At least one workflow improvement will be identified and implemented within the coming year.
- Assessing impact of Digital Services’ efforts to increase awareness and knowledge of digital collections.
- Measurement: Outreach coordinator will use Google Analytics to track and compare results of efforts to use social media for publicity of content; she will iteratively report on findings, which will be used to guide future efforts.
- Identifying appropriate preservation metadata and determining and method for its collection.
- Measurement: Repository Manager and Outreach Coordinator will analyze and select metadata needed for preservation, and develop and test a method to implement its capture and storage.
- Training someone in audio digitization, to serve as a backup for the Digitization Technologist.
- Measurement: Repository Manager will learn the workflow for audio digitization.
Digital Services will increase awareness and knowledge of its collections and e-resources among graduate students and faculty members by...
- Digitizing special collections materials for online delivery.
- Measurement: Monthly counts of progress will be collected.
- Reaching the milestone of 100,000 items in Acumen.
- Measurement: Goal will be met and publicized.
- Engaging with GIS and Special Collections to provide guidance on how use Acumen and how to provide instruction to faculty and students.
- Measurement: Digitization Outreach Coordinator will provide a training session to GIS and Special Collections personnel on searching Acumen, after changes have been made to the asset viewer and faceted search has been implemented.
- Posting informative, entertaining blog entries and engage with users via social media when appropriate.
- Measurement: At least two informative, entertaining blog entries will be posted monthly about new or existing content or DS initiatives/workflows. Social media accounts will be regularly updated.
- Developing faceted search capabilities for Acumen.
- Measurement: Unit Head will provide back-end support for incorporating a faceted search in Acumen's index.
- Publicizing results of the Innovation Grant.
- Measurement: Digitization Manager will give a public presentation on the new process, and he will write and submit an article for publication.
Digital Services will foster an environment of improved two-way communication and collaboration by...
- Providing monthly updates of content in Acumen to Curators, Metadata Unit, and others who request notifications.
- Measurement: Monthly updates will occur via email, in either XML or Excel form as requested.
- Sharing information of current policies, procedures and methods on our wiki.
- Measurement: All new and modified policies and procedures will be posted to the DS wiki.
- Participating in committees and meetings on the library and university level.
- Measurement: DS staff/faculty will attend University and library committee/other meetings as appropriate.
- Sharing information about what we do with others in the libraries.
- Measurement: DS will provide open house tours of its facilities and demonstrate its workflow.