The Modified Plan: 2016-2017
Library Goal #1: Partner across the disciplines to deliver innovative instruction that empowers students to engage with, integrate, create, and transform knowledge through the use of library resources and collections.
Objective: Develop instruction, learning objects and resources that are easy to discover and incorporate into the learning management system and other delivery systems for teaching and learning.
- Develop lib guides for available digitized content relevant to teaching and learning.
- Provide opportunities for MIS/CS students to collaboratively work with us to respond to small scale programming and content needs more quickly.
Library Goal #2: Develop and maintain dynamic and flexible physical and virtual spaces that meet the needs of our campus, informed by higher education and technological advances.
Objective: Create a web presence that allows users to engage with library services, spaces, and data in innovative ways.
- Effectively assess web-based services via usability studies to inform modification of our web delivery to better meet the needs of users.
- Work as a development partner in the FOLIO project, and develop services and modules to assist the FOLIO Project reach its international partnership goals.
- Develop methods and procedures to provide online access to restricted special collections content.
Objective: Improve user experience with web interfaces and platforms, with special attention to accessibility issues for users with disabilities.
- Test accessibility of online special collections materials and devise solutions to provide appropriate accessibility.
Library Goal #3: Support and engage in the research lifecycle across campus through the development of relevant resources and services.
Objective: Provide leadership and support in the creation and use of digital scholarship, including data mining, visualization, digital humanities, and rights management.
Objective: Expand and promote high quality resources and collections that support curricular and research needs, including data sets.
Objective: Expand data management services as funded research expands on campus.
Library Goal #4: Re-envision the way we provide space and services for technology tools. Develop, enhance, and sustain a skilled and engaged workforce that can succeed in a changing environment and provide excellent experiences for library users.
Objective: Promote better communication across the libraries via formal and informal gatherings to share information.
Objective: Provide professional development and training opportunities to improve skill sets of library employees.
Library Goal #5: Support a diverse and inclusive environment by providing resources, services, and spaces that promote the varied needs of the faculty, staff, and student body.
Objective: Explore new opportunities for public programs and partnerships.
Objective: Curate exhibits/programs/events that are of interest to a broader community.