Staff Monthly Reports
At the end of each month, Metadata and Digital Services employees are asked to create report of the work they did that month. This report can easily be collected from the records you entered into Shift Reporter throughout the month.
The steps to create the report are as follows:
1. Open Shift_Reporter located here, S:\Digital Projects\Administrative\scripts\Shift_reporter
2. In the "Select Name" column highlight your name, then set the month value to the month you wish to collect data from in the "Export Record Set" column. Click the "Selected User Monthly Export" button found at the bottom of the yellow export column.
3. Allow Shift_Reporter to export the monthly report (you will know it is finished when lots of path text show up in the "LOG" panel). Then locate your report on the sharedrive in S:\Digital Projects\Administrative\scripts\Shift_reporter\exports
4. Open your report with Microsoft Excel and choose "use the XML Source task pane" when prompted, then say yes to having Excel create a schema for the xml file.
5. once the "XML Source" pane opens with your data, CTRL+Click Category and then hours and then drag and drop those two selected fields on to cell A1.
6. With the selected data, navigate on the Excel toolbar to Insert, Pie and select a pie chart template. Adjust the resulting pie chart of data however you want.
7. Save the Shift reporter export somewhere you can find it.
8. Open an email and address to everyone in the department.
9. Write a brief report of what you did this month paste the pie chart into the email and attach the excel file of Shift_Reporter export.