From UA Libraries Digital Services Planning and Documentation
Revision as of 10:10, 6 January 2016 by Malexand
- DS Staff Training and Exploration Fronts - an information space used to identify and track new or novel uses of digital archiving technologies, tools, and resources.
- Training Needs - a running list identifying topics for monthly DS training sessions.
- Learning Resources for Digital Services Staff
- Unit Info Archive - a place to gather knowledge about the previous hardware, software, workflows, etc. of the unit
Hardware and Software Help
- Command-line Work on Linux Server
- Working with Microsoft Excel
- Mounting the S Drive and Printer Installation on Windows - click here for a handout.
Web and Social Media Policies and Instructions
For Metadata Unit
- General Information and Internal Links
- File Naming Schemes
- Alterations to Online Content
Standards and Vocabularies
- A controlled vocabulary reference for regions of the United States
- NISO: A Framework of Guidance for Building Good Digital Collections
- LOC: About American Memory: Technical Information
- DACS: describing archives, personal papers, and manuscript collections
- Thesaurus for Graphic Materials I: Subject Terms (TGM I)
- Wiki templates - if applicable, please use one of these in order to help standardize the organization of the most frequent types of pages
- MediaWiki text examples
- How to create a new page
- MediaWiki HELP
- Sandbox - a place to practice MediaWiki formatting. Please delete all sandbox tests before logging out.
- Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.
- Configuration settings list
- MediaWiki FAQ
- MediaWiki release mailing list
- Wikipedia Tools - tools for converting Excel sheets to Wikipedia tables, etc. and more.