From UA Libraries Digital Services Planning and Documentation
Revision as of 12:40, 17 June 2016 by Jlderidder
The Head of Metadata & Digital Services is responsible for coordinating server updates, patches, and migrations with the Office of Information Technology. This requires:
- knowledge of cron jobs and their schedules (see the checkscripts.scripts database table on libcontent server),
- knowledge of the current software packages on which our infrastructure depends,
- an ability to troubleshoot access and software issues,
- coordination and communication with all affected parties (web services, metadata librarians, archivists, digital services staff, OIT, administration, librarians/staff, and the public, and
- clear understanding of what needs to happen to which sets of data, databases, and the directory structure.