Server-side Count Scripts
Before beginning this process, makes sure to check out Documenting_Invisible_Digitization. This process is currently being developed.
At the moment, instructions exist in "TO_DO_MONTHLY_COUNT" in /srv/scripts/stats/monthlyCount on libcontent.lib.ua.edu.
Here's what that document currently says:
1) Run these 4 scripts:
2) Check output in output directory.
3) Then run combineCounts
This will capture monthly snapshot. Copy the Combined Count output to the share drive. You will need this later when you upload it to the wiki. Example Command below.
- cp CombinedCount_201701.txt /cifs-mount11/Digital_Coll_Complete/.
4) next run sizeAndProgress that will:
- compare last month's to this months, and output the difference, which should be what was digitized this month
- will look on share drive at 4 files exported into Digital Projects\Organization\Digital_Program_Logs\TrackingOddities\2012-2013\ (or whatever the current fiscal year is) and read those in, incorporating their counts into the totals (corrective, ocr, offline, weeded)
- capture GB counts, and subtract the REVIEW folder count to get it right
- output the snapshot for the month.
5) view the output and modify as necessary and copy and paste it into an email to share with interested parties.
6) Add CombinedCount excel spreadsheet to wiki page Records of Progress!.
Finally, we need to automate this whole process into a cron, and send via email.