Server-side Count Scripts
Before beginning this process, makes sure to check out Documenting_Invisible_Digitization. This process is currently being developed.
At the moment, instructions exist in "TO_DO_MONTHLY_COUNT" in /srv/scripts/stats/monthlyCount on libcontent.lib.ua.edu.
Here's what that document currently says:
1) Run these 4 scripts:
2) Check output in output directory.
3) Then run combineCounts
This will capture monthly snapshot.
4) next run sizeAndProgress that will:
- compare last month's to this months, and output the difference, which should be what was digitized this month
- will look on share drive at 4 files exported into Digital Projects\Organization\Digital_Program_Logs\TrackingOddities\2012-2013\ (or whatever the current fiscal year is) and read those in, incorporating their counts into the totals (corrective, ocr, offline, weeded)
- capture GB counts, and subtract the REVIEW folder count to get it right
- output the snapshot for the month.
5) view the output and modify as necessary and share with interested parties.
Finally, we need to automate this whole process into a cron, and send via email.