An exception to the workflow spelled out in Most Content is the Rohlig audio. We digitize the master, create derivatives for Mary Alice Fields, who then listens to them and determines which sections should be omitted, and creates metadata.
As of March 11, 2011 please refer to RohligWorkflow.txt for detailed information regarding the Rohlig workflow. Also note that this text document trumps any prior (before 3/11/2011) and conflicting information found on this page or other pages on the WIKI regarding the workflow for this collection. - arora, 03/11/2011.
When her contribution returns, we create an MP3 for each track specified or a single MP3 that concatenates all specified tracks. These MP3s need to be uploaded with the preliminary MODS and distributed in Acumen. OCR of transcripts is handled by the makeJpegs script.
Preliminary steps on the server
- make sure that the Windows share is mounted: type into the ssh window on libcontent1: `ls /cifs-mount` -- if no listing appears, or the window hangs up, you need to mount the share drive. Otherwise, proceed to getting the audio content live.
- To mount the Windows drive, type this in on the commandline on libcontent1: `sudo mount -t cifs -o username=jjcolonnaromano,domain=lib //libfs1.lib.ua-net.ua.edu/share/Digital\ Projects/ /cifs-mount` and use the password for share for Jeremiah. If successful, the command in the last step will show you the directories within the Digital Projects folder on Share.
Here's the workflow for getting audio content live.
1) starting on the Share drive, make sure all tiffs are in a Transcripts folder
2) create MP3s and place in an MP3 folder
3) export spreadsheet of completed items if not already done; create MODS files. Place them in a MODS directory inside the Metadata directory
4) log into the libcontent1 server via ssh on commandline. Type in: `cd AUDIO/scripts`. This will change your working directory to the one where the scripts are.
5) run makeAudioJpegs script (File:MakeAudioJpegs.txt) : type `makeAudioJpegs`. This will:
a) check the MODS, copy them to the server and put them in the AUDIO/MODS directory, then delete them on the share drive b) make JPEGS of any transcript tiffs and put them inthe AUDIO/transcripts directory on the server c) OCR tiffs in the transcripts directory, and put the OCR on the server in the OCR directory d) copy the MP3s to the server and put them in the MP3 directory, then delete them on the share drive
6) Spot check the output. There should be 2 jpegs for every tiff. One ends in _128, and one in _2048. These correspond to the number of maximum pixels to a side. The one ending in "_128.jpg" is a thumbnail. The one ending in "_2048.jpg" is a large image, the default used in display.
7) run relocate_audio script in AUDIO/scripts directory (File:Relocate audio.txt: type in: `relocate_audio` . This distributes the jpegs, MODS, ocr and mp3s in Acumen. It will delete the local copies, so you can reuse the same directories over and over. This script assumes that jpegs and ocr are transcripts. Watch for errors on the command line.
8) check the upload directories. Any files remaining are problems and were not distributed. Repair and rerun the script.
9) Check the website and make sure everything is hunky dory. :-)
10) Run the moveAudioContent script (File:MoveAudioContent.txt). If this is a new collection, wait until the files have been indexed and content is viewable online, so there will not be a dead link in the collection list. This script will:
a) check the database for existing info about this collection, and provide you with whatever we already know, so you can correct it with your collection xml file, b) update our database and online collection xml file, if yours is new or changed -- adding the online link to the collection if new c) update or add the icon image if you are providing it for a collection thumbnail d) copy the archival content to the deposits/content directory on the server, for processing into the archive e) compare the copied content with what you have on the share drive; if it uploaded okay, it will delete it on the share drive f) output errors into a file in the output directory
All XML Audio Decision List files (SimpleADL) that correspond to the archival content MUST be placed in the Admin folder. This is not optional given that, as of mid-2010, ALL archival WAV files must have a corresponding SimpleADL file.
11) In the scripts directory (on the same level as the UploadArea, AUDIO and CABANISS directories, run 'findMissing' (File:FindMissing.txt. This script will hunt through Acumen to make sure there is a MODS file for every item, and at least one derivative for each MODS file. Any errors will be found in the output file written to the scripts/output directory. If errors are found, regenerate those MODS and/or JPEGs/MP3s and rerun relocate_all. Then run this script again to ensure all errors have been remedied.
12) Check back after a few hours and look at the output file to verify that there were no problems and that the script completed. If you want, you can watch the files being uploaded to the storage server in the deposits/content directory. :-)
13) Check the share drive directories for any files that still remain. If any archival files are still there, rerun moveContent. There may have been a failure in the network connection between the servers. If the files still remain, notify Jody.
13) exit out of secure shell. Good work!!