Records of Progress!
Every month we collect a count of what has been digitized, what is online, and how many GB of archival content is in storage. The results of this count are reflected below.
Here's how this count is collected: Monthly_Count.
- Spreadsheet of digitization work accomplished from October 2010 through September 2011, updated monthly: http://www.lib.ua.edu/wiki/digcoll/images/5/5c/Enhanced_Digital_Services_Count_2010-2011.xlsx
- Spreadsheet of digitization work accomplished from September 2009 through September 2010, updated monthly: http://www.lib.ua.edu/wiki/digcoll/images/2/24/Enhanced_Digital_Services_Count_September_2010.xlsx
- Spreadsheet of digitization work accomplished August 2009: http://www.lib.ua.edu/wiki/digcoll/images/d/dc/Aug09-July10.xlsx
- Spreadsheet of digitization work accomplished from August 2008 through July 2009:
- Spreadsheet of digitization work accomplished from August 2007 through July 2008: File:WorkCompletedAug07Jul08.xlsx
Snapshot overview of collection counts 12/2/09:
27 manuscript collections are in the queue in the Selection spreadsheet in S:\Digital Projects\Organization\Digital Program. They range in size from a single page to “many” items.
28 collections have been prepped by the archivists (some item level metadata created and are awaiting scanning). These are in S:\Digital Projects\Digital_Coll_in_progress\Digital_Coll_Waiting
2 collections have legacy-named images but have no metadata (Alabama geographical Survey, Wade Hall Photos) in S:\Digital Projects\Digital_Coll_in_progress\Digital_Coll_Waiting
1 collection has legacy-named images and no metadata and is hosted elsewhere, but needs attention before we can archive it: Publishers Bindings Online, in S:\Digital Projects\OtherOnlineProjects
111 collections are currently in some stage of digitization, in S:\Digital Projects\Digital_Coll_in_progress. Of these, 7 collections are considered large and ongoing (Corolla, Crimson & White, Rohlig audio, Jemison Papers, Gorgas Papers, Harper photos, Woodward Papers).
2 collections are pilots, have been digitized, and will soon be mounted in CONTENTdm for user testing (Nichols and Berman).
1 collection is a pilot, has been digitized, and awaits metadata to be extracted from MARC records if possible: Alabama Collection Sheet Music.
193 collections are represented in Acumen. Of these, 130 have EADs, 62 have no EAD, and 111 contain digitized content (49 have both EAD and digitized content). 8 of these collections belong to Tuskegee.
The collections which have digitized content online but are not archived are: Undergraduate Research projects, Montgomery church ledgers.
66 collections are represented in CONTENTdm. Of these, all but 4 are also in Acumen.
The 4 collections which are in CONTENTdm but offline in Acumen for critical metadata remediation purposes (French Rev. Pamphlets, Harper Timetables and 2 audio collections).
27 of the collections in Acumen are undergoing normal metadata remediation work.
We have a smattering of other small collections of legacy content which should be incorporated into a collection, discarded, or used for user tagging experiments. These exist in S:\Digital Projects\Digital_Coll_in_progress\MiscFolders