There are 2 major steps in the Quality Control process, the QC script and spot-checking.
- The script we use in QC can be found on the Share drive here: S:\Digital Projects\Administrative\scripts\qc\ filenamesAndDupes.pl
- This program will check for correct and sequential filenames per the collection number in a Scans folder and its corresponding Transcripts folder (if there is one) as well as check for duplicate filenames. It will print out a report in the “output” folder.
- If it shows errors, please rename the files accordingly and also check the metadata and trackingFiles to make sure the filename is OK in those spreadsheets. When you are done with the report file this script created, please delete it.
- After you have corrected the errors, RUN THE SCRIPT AGAIN. If the script still finds errors, correct those and run it again. Keep running the script until it does not show any more errors.
- You should be able to run this program by double clicking on it. You might need to associate the file type with Perl the first time you use it.
Once you've run the programs and fixed any problems, please spot-check images.
- Open every object folder with Adobe Bridge.
- Verify what you see against what's in the Metadata and the number of scans recorded on Tracking files.
- Check general image quality (cropping, alignment, colors, etc.)
If you are working on a collection in collaboration with someone else or are working on an ongoing collection, mark the items that have been QCed on the QC tab of the Tracking Files sheet.
Commercial QC Software
Click here to access a quick guide to settings/preferences for Adobe Bridge.