Presentations and Publications
From UA Libraries Digital Services Planning and Documentation
- DeRidder, Jody L. 2011. "Benign Neglect: Developing Life Rafts for Digital Content" , to appear in Information Technology and Libraries Vol. 30, Issue 2, June 2011. Preprint is temporarily available from .
- DeRidder, Jody L. 2011. "Overhead Scanners: Reports from the Field", to appear in Library Hi Tech Vol 29, Issue 1, 11 March 2011.
- DeRidder, Jody L. 2010. "Institutional Identifiers: NISO I2 Working Group", part of a panel presentation on Linked Data -- Enabling Standards and Other Approaches at the ASIS&T Annual Conference, held in Pittsburgh, PA, 22-27 October, 2010. Presentation coauthored with Mark Needleman; other panel presenters include Marcia Zeng, Sam Oh, Jon Phipps, Ed Summers, and Gail Hodge. Available from .
- Arora, Nitin. 2010. "AudioRegent: Exploiting SimpleADL and SoX for Digital Audio Delivery," Code4Lib Journal, Issue 10, 2010-06-22. Available from http://journal.code4lib.org/articles/2882.
- DeRidder, Jody L. 2010. "Metadata In, Library Out. A Simple, Robust Digital Library System," coauthored with Tonio Loewald. Code4Lib Journal, Issue 10, 2010-06-22. Available from http://journal.code4lib.org/articles/3107.
- Presnell, Amanda A. 2010. "Leading the Way Toward Low-Cost Digital Collections: The S.D. Cabaniss Digitization Project," poster presentation at the Alabama Library Association 2010 Convention in Huntsville, AL, April 15, 2010.
- DeRidder, Jody L. 2010. "Digital Library Development from the Bottom Up, or: Organization, Clarity, and Sanity: Digitization for the Future On a Shoestring" presented at the Computers in Libraries 2010 Conference in Arlington, VA, April 14, 2010.
- DeRidder, Jody L. 2010. "Digital Libraries and Long-term Access for the Rest of Us: The University of Alabama Acumen Experience", a joint presentation by Tom Wilson, Jody DeRidder and Tonio Loewald, at the Coalition for Networked Information Spring 2010 Membership Meeting in Baltimore, MD, April 13, 2010.
- DeRidder, Jody L. 2010. "From Confusion and Chaos to Clarity and Hope,"  a chapter in Digitization in the Real World: Lessons Learned from Small to Medium-Sized Digitization Projects, Kwong Bor Ng and Jason Kucsma, ed. To be published by the Metropolitan New York Library Council, 2010.
- DeRidder, Jody L. 2009. "Bringing Order to Chaos: Preparation and Organization for Long-Term Access" . Delivered at the Southeast CONTENTdm Users Group 2nd Annual Meeting  Charleston, SC, October 13, 2009.
- DeRidder, Jody L. 2009. "Preparing For The Future As We Build Collections"  presented at the Society of Imaging Science & Technology Archiving 2009 Conference  in Arlington VA, May 2009. Article by the same name published in the Proceedings. Poster developed by Jeremiah Colonna-Romano: .
- DeRidder, Jody L. 2008. "Googlizing a Digital Library" An exploration of effectively and efficiently providing full-text web search capabilities to a dynamically-generated set of digitized materials, in order to leverage the power of web search to enhance access. Code4Lib Journal, Issue 2, 2008-03-24. Available from http://journal.code4lib.org/articles/43.
- DeRidder, Jody L. 2007. "Choosing Delivery Software for a Digital Library". Library Hi Tech News, 24:9/10, 2007, pp. 19-21.
- DeRidder, Jody L. 2007. "The Immediate Prospects for the Application of Ontologies in Digital Libraries." Knowledge Organization, Vol. 34, No. 4, December 2007.
- DeRidder, Jody L. 2007."Embracing More of the Information Life Cycle: Opportunities for Academic Librarians".
- DeRidder, Jody L. 2007. A short report  and PowerPoint presentation  on Dublin Core metadata  terms and uses.
- DeRidder, Jody L. 2006. "Metadata in Digital Libraries" . A 2006 overview of various forms of metadata currently in use in digital libraries in the US, and the purposes of each.