Presentations and Publications
From UA Libraries Digital Services Planning and Documentation
Revision as of 13:34, 19 April 2010 by Jlderidder
- "Metadata In, Library Out. A Simple, Robust Digital Library System," coauthored with Tonio Loewald. To be published in Code4Lib Journal, Issue 10, June, 2010.
- "Digital Library Development from the Bottom Up, or: Organization, Clarity, and Sanity: Digitization for the Future On a Shoestring" presented at the Computers in Libraries 2010 Conference in Arlington, VA, April 14, 2010.
- "Digital Libraries and Long-term Access for the Rest of Us: The University of Alabama Acumen Experience", a joint presentation by Tom Wilson, Jody DeRidder and Tonio Loewald, at the Coalition for Networked Information Spring 2010 Membership Meeting in Baltimore, MD, April 13, 2010.
- "From Confusion and Chaos to Clarity and Hope," a chapter in Digitization in the Real World: Lessons Learned from Small to Medium-Sized Digitization Projects, Kwong Bor Ng and Jason Kucsma, ed. To be published by the Metropolitan New York Library Council, 2010.
- "Bringing Order to Chaos: Preparation and Organization for Long-Term Access" . Delivered at the Southeast CONTENTdm Users Group 2nd Annual Meeting  Charleston, SC, October 13, 2009.
- "Preparing For The Future As We Build Collections"  presented at the Society of Imaging Science & Technology Archiving 2009 Conference  in Arlington VA, May 2009. Article by the same name published in the Proceedings. Poster developed by Jeremiah Colonna-Romano: .
- "Embracing More of the Information Life Cycle: Opportunities for Academic Librarians" and a short PowerPoint presentation.
- "Metadata in Digital Libraries" . A 2006 overview of various forms of metadata currently in use in digital libraries in the US, and the purposes of each.