Optimizing Sheetmusic workflow
From UA Libraries Digital Services Planning and Documentation
Revision as of 08:10, 17 September 2008 by Jlderidder
- Open the adobe acrobat professional application
- navigate to the dropdown menu : File > Create PDF > From Multiple Files
- Click the "Add folders" button at the top of the panel then navigate to the folder that contains the images that you want to combine into the PDF
- Once the files are added in to the project list and you have verified that those are the files you want to combine
- Click the Smaller file size / low quality setting at the bottom of the panel (dont forget this!!!)
- Then click "next"
- make sure "Merge files into single PDF" is selected and then click "create"
- This process of merging will not prompt you when it is finished, you have to watch to see when all of the files have been added successfully
- Once all of the images present as successfully combined click save
- Select the correct folder and rename the PDF file to reflect the filename ("SMXXXX.pdf")
- Once the PDF has been created it will open in a window.
- Now navigate to the dropdown menu : Advanced > PDF Optimizer
- Set the color and greyscale settings both to : Jpeg downsampling = 150, and Quality = low
- Click "Ok" and save over previous version, once this has completed close file
this whole process takes on average : 15 sec / page +2 min