Monthly gb counter
From UA Libraries Digital Services Planning and Documentation
Revision as of 12:50, 3 March 2010 by Jjcolonnaromano (New page: ==monthly GB counter consists of== #monthly_gb_counter.bat #testdate.bat #totaler.bat #gb_count.txt #running_count.txt #running_tally.txt #final_count.txt #readme_mgbc.txt ==Get this scr...)
monthly GB counter consists of
Get this script
- For a copy of the script down load each of these components and save to a folder named monthly_gb_counter on your c:/ drive
- File:Monthly gb counter.txt This file needs to be renamed with the .bat extension to work.
- File:Testdate.txt This file needs to be renamed with the .bat extension to work.
- File:Totaler.txt This file needs to be renamed with the .bat extension to work.
- File:Readme mgbc.txt This file needs to be renamed with the .bat extension to work.
gb_count.txt, running_count.txt, running_tally.txt, final_count.txt
- these files are created by the .bat scripts and are used to hold the file info as the script runs
- once the script is finished the final_count.txt file will have the report of how many files and how many megabytes were found during the search.
- This readme file has directions on how to use the monthly_gb_counter tool