Modified Plan: 2017
Digital Services Proposal, 3/1/17
For the coming year, we propose the following departmental goals:
- Counts of metadata records created and remediated will be collected and reported monthly.
- Counts of items and subitems created will be collected and reported monthly
- Counts of uploaded items and subitems will be collected and reported monthly
- New content information online will be shared monthly with stakeholders
- Monthly reports of group efforts by category, with analysis of time expenditure, will be provided to our AD.
- Reports were provided in January.
- Reports were provided in February.
Metadata work has been shifted to another department. Methods of reporting were changed to weekly and annual spreadsheets by our AD. We continue to update the wiki with counts monthly, and deliver spreadsheet reports to our AD weekly.
We will cross train and undergo appropriate training in new and necessary skills on a regular basis, in support of strategic priority 4.1.5 (professional development). New skills will be used to improve services and workflows.
- At a minimum, each full-time employee will learn two new skills that are critical to improving services or workflows.
- Each full-time employee will qualitatively or quantitatively improve services or workflows, using their new knowledge.
We will provide regular updates on digitized material to the GIS department representative, in support of strategic priority 1.3.18 (promote collaboration between liaisons and digital services).
- At a minimum, a monthly update will be sent by email to a GIS department representative, describing newly available materials online.
- A sample message was drafted and reviewed in February describing new content online.
We will upload ETDs to DSpace as they become available, preserve ETDs as requested, and support the Board of Trustees project as needed, in support of strategic priority 3.2.2 (IR implementation).
- Existing ETDs, metadata, and supplemental materials not under embargo will be prepared for upload to DSpace, and either uploaded or provided for upload to designated personnel.
- New incoming batches of ETDs from ProQuest will be prepared for upload to DSpace, and either uploaded or provided for upload to designated personnel.
- As ETD content is released from embargo, it will be prepared for upload to DSpace, and either uploaded or provided for upload to designated personnel.
- February: Existing non-embargoed ETD materials were processed and prepared for upload, and uploaded by web services personnel.
- March: A new set of ETD materials was processed and prepared for upload, and uploaded by web services personnel.