This page is a work in progress as of 7-26-10 From time to time, a physical book will need to be scanned but the existing metadata supplied by the archivists is not of the book as an item, but rather there is metadata per intellectual item in the book.
It's easier to explain this by example:
- Say we have a 3 page book (excluding covers).
- This book is a letter book.
- There is one letter per page.
- The book is called An Example Book.
- We don't have metadata for An Example Book.
- We *do* have metadata for each of the three letters (Letter 1 ... Letter 3).