From UA Libraries Digital Services Planning and Documentation
Revision as of 10:31, 26 January 2011 by Scpstu32
for information on how to upload MODS, see Uploading MODS
To generate MODS from Excel spreadsheets one will need Microsoft Excel (or OpenOffice Calc), a solid text editor and Archivist Utility.
- OpenOffice Portable is freely available here.
- We have found that export of tab delimited text files (necessary for Archivist Utility) from OpenOffice gives a greater number of export options than Microsoft Excel.
- Having said that, one may wish to try exporting from Microsoft Excel first for the sake of convenience.
- Notepad++ Portable (a Windows text editor) is freely available here.
A brief, Microsoft Word tutorial describing the steps to generate MODS is available here.
- Note: the tutorial demonstrates the workflow with OpenOffice Calc, but as mentioned prior Microsoft Excel is a viable option in nearly all cases - even those with Diacritics.