From UA Libraries Digital Services Planning and Documentation
for information on how to upload MODS, see Uploading MODS
To generate MODS from Excel spreadsheets one will need Microsoft Excel (or OpenOffice Calc), a solid text editor and Archivist Utility.
- OpenOffice Portable is freely available here.
- We have found that export of tab delimited text files (necessary for Archivist Utility) from OpenOffice gives a greater number of export options than Microsoft Excel.
- Having said that, one may wish to try exporting from Microsoft Excel first for the sake of convenience.
- Notepad++ Portable (a Windows text editor) is freely available here.
The portable versions can easily be installed without the need for assistance from IT staff.
A brief, Microsoft Word tutorial describing the steps to generate MODS is available here.
- Note: the tutorial demonstrates the workflow with OpenOffice Calc, but as mentioned prior Microsoft Excel is a viable option in nearly all cases even those with Diacritics.