Live, Staging and Dev
The Three Faces of Acumen (well, four, really)
To keep Acumen running while indexing is going on requires it to have a second face, that people see only briefly. This second face comes in handly also for testing new display options. Any real heavy development, however, needs to take place in yet another face of Acumen. And then there's the legacy face, which is mostly disabled now.
All three of the primary faces use the content located in /srv/www/htdocs/content/ for delivery, and all three use indexing software in /home/acumen/.
Each of the three has their own database.
Here's the scoop:
This is what you see 98% of the time, when you use Acumen.
- Online visible at http://acumen.lib.ua.edu
- The web delivery software is in /srv/www/htdocs/acumen-old/
- The SOLR index is in /srv/solr/acumen_live
- The database used is acumen on lib-mariadb-prod01.ua.edu
This is what you see when the live version is indexing; this is also where we test XSLT display before setting it live.
- Online visible at http://acumen.lib.ua.edu/staging
- The web delivery software is in /srv/www/htdocs/acumen-old/staging/
- The SOLR index is in /srv/solr/acumen_staging
- The database used is acumen_staging on lib-mariadb-prod01.ua.edu
This is where Will Jones did his development work, and tried new things.
- Online visible at http://acumen.lib.ua.edu/dev
- The web delivery software is in /srv/www/htdocs/acumen-old/dev/
- The SOLR index is in /srv/solr/acumen_dev
- The database used is acumen_dev on lib-mariadb-prod01.ua.edu
This is what remains of Tonio's version of Acumen. We depend on it for OAI (Open Archives Initiative) delivery, which allows us to search for our content in AlabamaMosaic, in Scout, in WorldCat, in american-south.org and in other portals.
- Online visible at http://acumen.lib.ua.edu/legacy
- The web delivery software is in /srv/www/htdocs/acumen-old/legacy/
- This has no SOLR index; this no longer works with the current acumen database
- A testing interface for OAI can be found here: .
- On the server, the configuration files for OAI are in /srv/www/htdocs/acumen-old/legacy/mv/vendors
- And the software that makes it happen is in /srv/www/htdocs/acumen-old/legacy/mv/plugins
- And here are our OAI URLs:
- The base URL for OAI is http://acumen.lib.ua.edu/legacy/oai?
- For the ASERL project (american-south.org) it was http://acumen.lib.ua.edu/legacy/oai_aserl? which only provided content with the project link in the MODS.
- For Scout (the Ebsco discovery interface) it is http://acumen.lib.ua.edu/legacy/oai_eds? which leaves out the mass-digitized collections.