From UA Libraries Digital Services Planning and Documentation
Revision as of 11:41, 10 December 2015 by Jlderidder (Created page with "# After your spreadsheet is finished, the subjects are all tagged, and the names (except in description and title) all have database numbers, # Use ExcelConverter (S:\Digital ...")
- After your spreadsheet is finished, the subjects are all tagged, and the names (except in description and title) all have database numbers,
- Use ExcelConverter (S:\Digital Projects\Administrative\scripts\ExcelConverter\ExcelConverter.pl) to export a tab-delimited UTF8 (without Byte Order Mark) file into the collection Metadata directory.
- Create a MODS directory within the Metadata directory.
- Click on makeMods.pl (S:\Digital Projects\Administrative\scripts\Metadata\makeMods\makeMods.pl) and navigate to your spreadsheet
- When the script has finished, look in your Metadata directory for any errors file that may have been generated.
- If found, repair the errors, and go back to step 1.
- If not found, there should now be MODS in the MODS directory, and a manifest.xml file listing those MODS in the Metadata directory. Go forth and validate!