File info grabber
From UA Libraries Digital Services Planning and Documentation
Revision as of 10:31, 24 June 2011 by Jjcolonnaromano
File_info_grabber consists of
Get this script
- For a copy of the script down file_info_grabber.zip and extract file_info_grabber.rb
- This application is meant to run under the Ruby Shoes GUI module that can be found herehttp:\\shoesrb.com\ and downloaded and installed for free.
- File:File info grabber.zip
- This application will collect filename, extention, file size, parent directory, and the name of the output file it is part of and put it all into a CSV comma delimited file for use in some other script or program.
- Digital services uses scripts like this to collect many different types of information from lots of sources. this script can be edited easily to collect other types of data if need be.