Checking Work By Object
From UA Libraries Digital Services Planning and Documentation
Revision as of 16:59, 16 October 2013 by Kgmatheny
For each object, follow these procedures for workflow and quality control as you go:
- Pay attention to the quality of the physical object; if there is any chance of damage during scanning, consult with a supervisor for instructions.
- If it appears that what you are to digitize is a duplicate or an unclear image of questionable worth, consult with a supervisor for instructions.
- Visually check the quality of images as you make captures
- Be careful when inputting numbers for automatic file naming
Working with metadata
- Check existing metadata
- Compare descriptions and filenames in spreadsheet with the digital objects
Optimization/saving to Share drive
- Check to make sure the following are correct
- Destination folder
- File naming
- File extension
- Enter all work at the end of the metadata spreadsheet, in the tracking columns
- If you notice discrepancies between the tracking data and what's on the share drive, consult with a supervisor for instructions.