Checking Work By Object
From UA Libraries Digital Services Planning and Documentation
Revision as of 08:02, 19 August 2010 by Scpstu32
For each object, follow these procedures for workflow and quality control as you go:
- Pay attention to the quality of the physical object; if there is any chance of damage during scanning, consult with a supervisor for instructions.
- If it appears that what you are to digitize is a duplicate or an unclear image of questionable worth, consult with a supervisor for instructions. We do NOT digitize duplicate images or items of no research value.
- Make/optimize scans
- Visually check the quality of scans
- If using EpsonScan: be careful when inputting numbers for automatic file naming
Working with metadata
- Check existing metadata
- Compare descriptions and filenames in spreadsheet with the digital objects
Uploading to share drive
- Upload scans from local hard drive to share drive
- Delete already uploaded files from local hard drive
- Enter all work in TrackingFiles spreadsheet
- If you notice discrepancies between TrackingFiles and what's on the share drive, consult with a supervisor for instructions.