From UA Libraries Digital Services Planning and Documentation
Revision as of 10:38, 21 July 2011 by Jlderidder
- DeRidder, Jody L. "Providing Access to Digitized Content Via the Finding Aid: A Usability Study" [Powerpoint], at the SAA Research Forum of Archives 360°: 75th Annual Meeting of the Society of American Archivists, in Chicago, IL, 23 August, 2011.
- DeRidder, Jody L. "Just Enough Light to See: Minimal Metadata for Access" [Powerpoint], at the Metadata and Digital Objects Round Table Meeting during the SAA Research Forum of Archives 360°: 75th Annual Meeting of the Society of American Archivists, in Chicago, IL, 22-27 August, 2011.
- DeRidder, Jody L. "Cheap, Quick, and Pretty: Mass Digitization of Large Manuscript Collections" [Powerpoint], part of a panel presentation on "More Access to More Content: The EAD Finding Aid and Other Effective Tools for Large-Scale Digitization" at Archives 360°: 75th Annual Meeting of the Society of American Archivists, held in Chicago, IL, 22-27 August, 2011. Other panel presenters include Laura Clark Brown, Jody Allison-Bunnell, James Roth, and Karen Weiss (chair).
- The University of Alabama Libraries Academic Year 2010-2011 Highlights ( July 2011, p. 7)
- The Society of American Archivist’s publication, Archival Outlook (May/June 2011, p. 20).
- Library Horizons (Spring 2011, Vol. 26, No. 1)
- Manuscript Society News (Vol. XXXI, No.3, 2010, p.103)
- Dialog Faculty/Staff Newsletter (April 5, 2010)
- Press Release March 2010, sent to Tuscaloosa News, and the following listservs: Diglib, Archives & Archivists, Metadata Librarians, Libraries and Information Technology Association (LITA) and UALIB. File:For Immediate Release.docx
- Poster presentation by Amanda Presnell at the Alabama Library Association Annual Conference in Huntsville, Alabama, on April 15, 2010. ALLA poster
- NHPRC posted a Facebook announcement about the grant in June, 2010
- Jody linked in the project to her home page  in June, 2010
- Jody submitted an article in June 2010 to the Journal of Library Innovation to publicize the grant project. This was published in April, 2011 as "Leveraging EADS for Low-Cost Access to Digitized Content at the University of Alabama Libraries", JOLI Vol. 2, No. 1 (2011).
- Jody is slated to speak about this project at the Society of American Archivists 2011 Annual Meeting in a joint session entitled "More Access to More Content: The EAD Finding Aid and Other Effective Tools for Large-Scale Digitization" (Session #304).
- Jody DeRidder, Amanda Presnell and Kevin Walker submitted a paper detailing the usability study for this grant to the ACM/IEEE Joint Conference on Digital Libraries (JCDL) 2011. The paper is entitled "Low-Cost Digitization of Manuscript Collections: Trading Usability for Access?".
- Press Release March 2011, sent to the following listservs: Code for Libraries, XML4lib, web4lib, Lita-L, EAD, Digital Libraries List, Metadata Librarians list, and Archives & Archivists (A&A) list. File:2ndPressRelease.docx
- Another version of the press release for March 2011, sent out in our Library Horizons quarterly newsletter and also sent to the University of Alabama newspaper Crimson White, and the Tuscaloosa News. File:Cabiness Papers 2ndPressRelease.docx