From UA Libraries Digital Services Planning and Documentation
Revision as of 11:52, 2 March 2011 by Jlderidder
- Press Release March 2010, sent to UA Dialog, Tuscaloosa News, and the following listservs: Diglib, Archives & Archivists, Metadata Librarians, Libraries and Information Technology Association (LITA) and UALIB. File:For Immediate Release.docx
- Poster presentation by Amanda Presnell at the Alabama Library Association Annual Conference in Huntsville, Alabama, on April 15, 2010. ALLA poster
- NHPRC posted a Facebook announcement about the grant in June, 2010
- Jody linked in the project to her home page  in June, 2010
- Jody submitted an article in June 2010 to the Journal of Library Innovation to publicize the grant project. The current working title for the article (which has been revised according to reviewer comments) is "Leveraging EADS for Low-Cost Access to Digitized Content at the University of Alabama Libraries." To appear in Vol. 2, No. 1 (2010).
- Jody is slated to speak about this project at the Society of American Archivists 2011 Annual Meeting in a joint session entitled "More Access to More Content: The EAD Finding Aid and Other Effective Tools for Large-Scale Digitization" (Session #304).
- Jody DeRidder, Amanda Presnell and Kevin Walker submitted a paper detailing the usability study for this grant to the ACM/IEEE Joint Conference on Digital Libraries (JCDL) 2011. The paper is entitled "Low-Cost Digitization of Manuscript Collections: Trading Usability for Access?".
- Press Release March 2011, sent to the following listservs: Code for Libraries, XML4lib, web4lib, Lita-L, EAD, Digital Libraries List, Metadata Librarians list, and Archives & Archivists (A&A) list. File:2ndPressRelease.docx