Batchfeed document scanner
From UA Libraries Digital Services Planning and Documentation
The Canon DR-7580 is a high speed batch-fed document scanner capable of rendering black and white scans of non fragile paper.
The Canon DR-7580 is best suited for unbound typed transcript or disbound books. This scanner can create 100 scans in under 3 minutes.
Default File/Output Settings
Under Scanner Settings
- Mode: Black and White
- Page Size: Letter - 8.5 x 11in
- DPI: 600
- Scanning: Simplex
- feeding: Standard
- Batch Seperation: None
Under TIFF File Settings
- Black and White: Compression "None"
- Grey Scale: Compression "None"
- Color: Compression "None"
- PC running 32-bit Windows XP Operating System
- Capture Perfect 3.0
- Must turn on software before starting scanner.
- Do not use the buttons on the scanner to make a scan, this confuses the software and will require a relaunch of the software.
- Issues have arisen where the resultant scan does not possess a defined byte-order. These TIFFs can be "normalized" (i.e. opened then re-saved with defined byte-order) in Adobe Photoshop. Not addressing this problem can lead to the image being oriented differently in different image viewing applications.