Austin Dixon is our Digitization Technologist. He creates and edits scripts that aid our department's workflow, in addition to digitizing content for Acumen. Austin has an Associates degree in Computer Programming and Networking from Shelton State, and is currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science at UA. Previously, he was employed as a Network Administrator for a retail chain.
In his spare time, Austin is often in his home electronics workshop building things like human interface devices and electronic art. He keeps a blog [www.PhotonPunk.com] where he chronicles his personal programming and electronics projects.
- Email: email@example.com
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/austindixon01
- Personal Blog: www.AustinDixon.com
- Posts on UA Digital Services Blog: apps.lib.ua.edu/blogs/digitalservices/author/ardixon1
- B.S. Computer Science, University of Alabama (In progress)
- A.A.S. Management and Supervision, Programming and Networking, Shelton State College, 2010
- Languages: Perl (Tkx), Python, PHP, HTML, SQL, C, Processing
- Platforms: Windows, Linux
- Misc.: Drupal, WordPress, Excel, Photoshop, Adobe Bridge, Sox, Arduino, Lame, Shntool, Image Magick, Sound Forge, Dynamics AX