- Make sure content is in the Completed directory, and that all quality control scripts have been run, and all corrections made.
- See Rohlig Workflow for more details.
Getting content to libcontent server
- Type in 'makeJpegsPurls' and answer the questions that arise. If errors appear on the commandline or in the output file, repair them. The output file will be located in the UploadArea/output directory, and the script will tell you its name, which is timestamped. Script here: (File:MakeJpegsPurls.txt)
- The makeJpegsPurls script will do some minor QC, including checking to see if there is a MODS for each item-level object and an object for each item-level MODS.
- If there are no problems, it will copy the MODS files to the UploadArea/MODS directory on the server, copy the transcripts to the UploadArea/transcripts directory on the server, and will generate JPEG derivatives (a thumb ending in _128.jpg and a large image ending in _2048.jpg) and place them in the UploadArea/jpegs directory on the server.
- The log file will be searched for information about what items to OCR
- If instead you provide an ocrList.txt file in the Admin directory then the items on that list will be OCR'd.
- This new version of makeJpegs will also copy the MODS to the Deposits folder and, if everything checks out, delete them from the Share drive. If any of these files remain in the Metadata/MODS directory on the Share drive, they did NOT copy to the server!!
Getting content to Acumen
- In the UploadArea/scripts directory, type in 'relocate_all' (File:Relocate all.txt). This script will move all the content just uploaded into the correct directories in Acumen. If anything remains in the above-mentioned directories after the script has completed, there's a problem which must be repaired. CHECK THE OUTPUT FILE. Another thing to check, if there's no errors in the output, is Server Permissions.
- In the scripts directory (on the same level as the UploadArea, AUDIO and CABANISS directories), run 'findMissing'. This script will hunt through Acumen to make sure there is a MODS file for every item, and at least one derivative for each MODS file. Any errors will be found in the output file written to the scripts/output directory. If errors are found, regenerate those MODS and/or JPEGs/MP3s and rerun relocate_all. Then run this script again to ensure all errors have been remedied. (Script here: File:FindMissing.txt)
- Check the indexing of the uploaded content the next day to verify. (Content is currently being indexed each day overnight.) Once the content appears online in Acumen, it is safe to do the next step for new collections; for ongoing collections that already have a listing on the collection page, you may proceed to the next step without waiting. The collection list can be viewed here: Collection List Online.
Check the file NOTIFICATIONS.txt in S:\Digital Projects\Digital_Coll_Complete to verify that none of the content is part of collections that need to have special attention paid to them by Jody or the metadata unit.
Getting content to storage
MoveContentFile:MoveContent.txt will move archival content to the deposits directory on the storage server, where it will be prepared for archiving at a later date.
- In the UploadArea/scripts directory, run 'moveContent.' This script will:
- check the database for existing info about this collection, and provide you with whatever we already know, so you can correct it with your collection xml file,
- update our database and online collection xml file, if yours is new or changed -- adding the online link to the collection if new. This is why, if this is a new collection, you have to wait to run this script until the files have been indexed and content is viewable online, so there will not be a dead link in the collection list.
- update or add the icon image if you are providing it for a collection thumbnail
- copy the archival content to the deposits/content directory on the server, for processing into the archive
- compare the copied content with what you have on the share drive; if it uploaded okay, it will delete it on the share drive
- output errors into a file in the output directory
- Check back after a few hours and look at the output file to verify that there were no problems and that the script completed. If you want, you can watch the files being uploaded in the deposits/content directory on libcontent. :-)
- Check the share drive directories for any files that still remain. If any files remain in the directories on the share drive, they did NOT copy to the server!! Run the script again, as there may have been a failure of the copy across the network. If this fails, the file will need to be moved manually, and the problem encountered by the script must be resolved. Please notify Jody ASAP.
- Exit out of secure shell. Good work!!