Audio Specifications and Standards
From UA Libraries Digital Services Planning and Documentation
Revision as of 09:11, 14 May 2009 by Scpstu32
Sound Forge 9.0 (Sony):
The following provides a brief overview of our standard audio specifications.
Default File/Output Settings
- WAV at 24-bit/44.1khz
- REAL Audio 8 at 16-bit/44.1kHz, 105 kbps (stereo)
Resources and Links:
- TAPE (Training for Audiovisual Preservation in Europe). European Commission on Preservation and Access, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- Capturing Analog Sound for Digital Preservation: Report of a Roundtable Discussion of Best Practices for Tranferring Analog Discs and Tapes. (2006) Council on Library and Information Resources and Library of Congress, Washington, D.C.
- Sound Directions - project website, maintained by Indiana University Digital Library Program.
- Sound Directions: Best Practices for Audio Preservation. (2007) Casey, Mike & Bruce Gordon. Bloomington, IN/Cambridge, MA.
- Grammy foundation® Basic Methodology for Preservation, Conversion and Archiving Recorded Media. (revised 2008) Grammy Foundation, Santa Monica, CA.