From UA Libraries Digital Services Planning and Documentation
ActivePerl is a closed source distribution from ActiveState that has regular releases that track the core Perl releases. The distribution also includes the Perl package manager (PPM), a popular tool for installing, removing, upgrading, and managing the use of common Perl modules.
ActivePerl builds are available for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.
- Perl, the binary core distribution
- The Perl Package Manager (PPM), for installing Perl extension modules
- Complete documentation
The Windows version of ActivePerl also includes:
- Perl for ISAPI, an IIS plug-in that runs Perl CGI scripts faster
- PerlEx , an IIS plug-in that precompiles and caches Perl CGI scripts
- PerlEz, for embedding Perl the easy way