The progress made during the upload process is currently being tracked on the whiteboard in room 215 Hoole. In order to efficiently upload collections without overlapping or duplicating scripts being run, we will track each step for all collections that are in the queue for uploads.
- First place collection identifier on the board that you will be preparing for uploads and place your initials in the first QC next to the collection.
- After the collections have been established, 2nd QC should be assigned based on the content and individual workload
- A check mark signifies that the task in the column has been completed
- Initials signify that the task is to be completed by the individual with the initials
- A dash signifies that the task has been completed, but it is currently undergoing further changes before it can proceed to the next step.
Each column represents a point in the upload process
- QC1: First Quality Control Check
- Eyeball Scans (check for item sequence, exposure, proper file naming, and focus)
- Create Batch Spreadsheet in .xlsx & .txt (tab delimited) format
- Create MODS
- Create or Copy Collection XML
- Extract Log file columns from batch spreadsheet to create log file
- Check to make sure each TIFF corresponds with the metadata provided for the item.
- Run FileName&Dupes
- QC2: Second Quality Control Check
- Eyeball Scans
- Verify Batch spreadsheet, batch text file,batch log file, collection XML, and MODS are correctly made and in the correct location.
- Run FileNames&Dupes
- Script that creates Jpeg derivatives, copies MODS to deposits, and creates PURLS.
- Relocate: Relocate_all
- Distributes the JPEG derivatives and MODS into acumen.
- Verifies that there are no outstanding Metadata or jpegs.
- Moves the Content on the Share drive to deposits for Archiving
- Means the folder on the share drive has been checked to verify nothing remains behind, and has been deleted.