Optimizing Sheetmusic workflow
From UA Libraries Digital Services Planning and Documentation
As of 2008 August, PDFs will not be created manually. Therefore, the information below is obsolete. It is left here for reference purposes only. - arora 2009 September.
- Open the adobe acrobat professional application
- navigate to the dropdown menu : File > Create PDF > From Multiple Files
- Click the "Add folders" button at the top of the panel then navigate to the folder that contains the images that you want to combine into the PDF
- Once the files are added in to the project list and you have verified that those are the files you want to combine
- Click the Smaller file size / low quality setting at the bottom of the panel (dont forget this!!!)
- Then click "next"
- make sure "Merge files into single PDF" is selected and then click "create"
- This process of merging will not prompt you when it is finished, you have to watch to see when all of the files have been added successfully
- Once all of the images present as successfully combined click save
- Select the correct folder and rename the PDF file to reflect the filename ("SMXXXX.pdf")
- Once the PDF has been created it will open in a window.
- Now navigate to the dropdown menu : Advanced > PDF Optimizer
- Set the color and greyscale settings both to : Jpeg downsampling = 150, and Quality = low
- Click "Ok" and save over previous version, once this has completed close file
this whole process takes on average : 15 sec / page +2 min