There are three basic kinds of metadata feeds currently supported.
- One is sitemaps (see Sitemaps) for web crawlers.
- One is Schema.org encoding: see schema.org.
- The last one: Open Archives Initiative (OAI) feeds, which enable others to collect and index our metadata for portal search and discovery. More about that follows here:
The mods_oai_aserl.xsl, mods_oai_eds.xsl, and mods_oai.xsl are used for OAI results from the item-level records, for:
- the ASERL (Association of Southeastern Research Libraries) Civil War in the American South portal,
- the Scout discovery interface (EBSCO Discovery Service), and
- our general OAI feed of Dublin Core metadata, which is open to all from http://acumen.lib.ua.edu/legacy/oai? following the Open Archives Initiative Protocol.
The ead_oai.xsl provides OAI results for finding aid records.
The staging area XSL exist on the libcontent server in /srv/www/htdocs/acumen/staging/assets/xsl/ .
Access to this area is provided via softlinks for digital services personnel and metadata librarians.
To test the OAI implementation, it's simplest to use the OAI Repository Explorer.