Harald Rohlig Workflow and Specifications
From UA Libraries Digital Services Planning and Documentation
The information that was presented here is deprecated as of late 2009 and has been put in a gray font color to reflect this.
- approximately midway through this project, digitization was done via a Fostex FR-2LE Field Memory Recorder rather than the firewire_based interface + audio software combination for which the information below was written.
- this workflow reflects an older naming convention; files will eventually be renamed per our File naming schemes.
- this workflow reflects an older folder structure; the folder structure information below is no longer directly applicable.
- arora, 051309
Collection of reel-to-reel cassettes featuring performance recordings of organist Dr. Harald Rohlig, retired Professor of Music at Huntingdon College, Montgomery, Alabama. Most recordings in the collection were made at Memorial Presbyterian Church, Huntingdon College, or St. John's Episcopal Church in Montgomery, Alabama.
- 1. Digitize/Optimize each reel as a master digital audio file.
- 2. Create metadata for each master file.
- 3. Create REAL audio version of each reel (divided into tracks) for Digital Collections website.
- 4. House copy of master digital audio files for purposes of audio preservation.
- 1. DAW - (all software)
- 2. Otari MX5050 BII2 reel-to-reel deck
- 3. headphones and/or speakers for monitoring
- 1. DAW - (all hardware)
- 2. Roxio Creator: Record Now Audio (CD burning software)