From UA Libraries Digital Services Planning and Documentation
- Make sure content is in the Completed directory, and that all quality control scripts have been run, and all corrections made.
- See Rohlig Audio for more details.
Getting content to libcontent server
- Type in 'makeAudioJpegs' and answer the questions that arise. If errors appear on the commandline or in the output file, repair them. The output file will be located in the AUDIO/output directory, and the script will tell you its name, which is timestamped.
- The makeAudioJpegs script will do some minor QC, including checking to see if there is a MODS for each item-level object and an object for each item-level MODS.
- If there are no problems, it will copy the MODS files to the AUDIO/MODS directory on the server, copy the transcripts to the AUDIO/transcripts directory on the server, and will generate JPEG derivatives and place them in the AUDIO/jpegs directory on the server.
Getting content to Acumen
- In the AUDIO/scripts directory, type in 'relocate_audio'. This script will move all the content just uploaded into the correct directories in Acumen. If anything remains in the above-mentioned directories after the script has completed, there's a problem which must be repaired. CHECK THE OUTPUT FILE. Another thing to check, if there's no errors in the output, is Server Permissions.
- Check the indexing of the uploaded content the next day to verify. (Content is currently being indexed each day overnight.) Once the content appears online in Acumen, it is safe to do the next step for new collections; for ongoing collections that already have a listing on the collection page, you may proceed to the next step without waiting. The collection list can be viewed here: Collection List Online.
Getting content to storage
MoveAudioContent will move archival content to the deposits directory on the storage server, where it will be prepared for archiving at a later date.
- In the Audio/scripts directory, run 'moveAudioContent.' This script will:
- check the database for existing info about this collection, and provide you with whatever we already know, so you can correct it with your collection xml file,
- update our database and online collection xml file, if yours is new or changed -- adding the online link to the collection if new. This is why, if this is a new collection, you have to wait to run this script until the files have been indexed and content is viewable online, so there will not be a dead link in the collection list.
- update or add the icon image if you are providing it for a collection thumbnail
- copy the archival content to the deposits/content directory on the server, for processing into the archive
- compare the copied content with what you have on the share drive; if it uploaded okay, it will delete it on the share drive
- output errors into a file in the output directory
- Check back after a few hours and look at the output file to verify that there were no problems and that the script completed. If you want, you can watch the files being uploaded in the deposits/content directory on libcontent. :-)
- Check the share drive directories for any files that still remain. If any files remain in the directories on the share drive, they did NOT copy to the server!! Run the script again, as there may have been a failure of the copy across the network. If this fails, the file will need to be moved manually, and the problem encountered by the script must be resolved. Please notify Jody ASAP.
- Exit out of secure shell. Good work!!