The W.S. Hoole Special Collections Library provides photocopying, photographic reproduction, and digitization services to researchers for a fee.
All duplication is done by the Hoole Library staff. Fees are listed below.
Reproduction for research purposes is permitted, and we reserve the right to decline photocopying, photographic reproduction, and digitization orders due to copyright, confidentiality, or condition.
We reserve the right to limit the use of our collections for commercial purposes. Formal Permission is required for any commercial use or publishing/broadcasting for commercial or non-commercial purposes.
All forms, requests, and queries are to be submitted to email@example.com
The W.S. Hoole Library does not have a public copier, and all copies are made by Hoole Library staff with attention to handling of rare materials. We reserve the right to refuse photocopy service based on condition, confidentiality or copyright.
Please complete the following photocopy request form to the best of your ability (including page numbers or folder numbers when possible) and return to us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Note that microfilm copies, which are self-serve, are 10 cents a page.
Photocopy Request Form
Imaging and Digitization:
All requests for digitization require the completion of the form in order to proceed. If the image is for publication, a permission form will be required as well, and may require an additional commercial use fee. If you would like to use a digital camera in the reading room, review our digital camera use policy and complete the following form.
Imaging and Digitization Request Form
Application to Publish Form
Digital Camera Use Form
Digital Camera Use Policy
The W.S. Hoole Special Collections Library permits limited patron photography in the Reading Room. To avoid disrupting other users, please take careful note of the following policies. We reserve the right to deny requests or revoke the photographic privileges of users.
1. Photographs are for reference purposes only and may not be reproduced, shared with others, published, or posted on the web. Images for publication must be requested by submitting an Imaging and Digitization Request
form and an Application to Publish
form. Fees will apply.
2. Researchers will be provided with an identifying strip to include in each photograph.
3. Only digital cameras or cell phones may be used; clicks and audible alerts must be disabled. No tripods, camera flashes, digital SLRs or special lighting are permitted. Researchers may not stand on chairs or rearrange furniture to get a better image. Researchers must remain in clear view of the attending staff member and may be asked to move to accommodate this need.
4. All materials must be handled carefully, and a staff member is available to assist you with handling items. Bound volumes must be supported in a book cradle; pressure must not be applied to bindings. Unbound material must remain in its original folder and be kept in original order.
5. The use of reproductions from materials in copyright is subject to fair-use provisions of Title 17, United States Code.
6. No pictures may be taken of the reading room itself, other researchers, or the staff.
7. It is each user's responsibility to keep complete and accurate citations (complete location information) for all items photographed. Subsequent orders for high-resolution images cannot be processed without this information.