What is a database?
Also referred to as "indexes" or "abstracts", databases:
- Can be searched by topic or author
- Provide lists of articles
- Sometimes include abstracts or summarirs so you can tell whether an article is really what you are looking for
- List the basic information you need in order to find the article (journal title, volume, date, page numbers)
- Sometimes include the full text of the article
- Often provide the option to limit results to "scholarly" or "peer-reviewed"
within the seach form