- Course Reserves
- Digital Collections
- Government Information
- Interlibrary Loan
- Site Search
- Need Help?
- Faculty Information
- Student Information
- Campus Libraries
- About UA Libraries
Study Areas (quiet and comfortable)
- Added comfortable seating in Bruno Library and McLure Library.
- Incorporated a mix of types of seating in study areas in all libraries.
- Identified silent study areas and posted relevant signage in Gorgas Library and McLure Library.
- Established policy restricting cell phone use in McLure Library. Posted signs encouraging users to minimize noise related to cell phone use in all libraries.
Accurate Cataloging and Shelving
- Made significant progress with inventories in Gorgas, Bruno, and McLure Libraries. (Target completion dates: August 23, 2006 for physical inspection; December 21, 2006 for problem resolution)
- Completed major shifting in Gorgas Library.
- Developed mechanism to handle titles identified as lost or missing in a timely manner. Fine-tuning process.
- Established procedure to suppress records in the public catalog for titles that have not been replaced.
Ease of E-access
- Added Article Linker, continuing to refine and enhance functionality.
- Implemented ability to search across multiple databases. To increase functionality, decided to change vendors during fall 2006.
- Made holdings available through Google Scholar.
- Identified page owners (content providers) for subject and department/unit pages.
- Trained content providers to use Contribute software, enabling them to update pages directly.
- Held focus group to evaluate web site and made suggested changes.
- Conducted web site usability study with Shelton State and UA undergrads. Making “quick fix” changes. Exploring options for new infrastructure.
- Customized searchable databases to facilitate identification and selection.
Services & Public Relations/Staff Training
- Held Code of Conduct training.
- Developed student training module for Gorgas Information Services Department.
- Raised awareness and educated library faculty and staff about customer service in department and unit meetings.
Collections (particularly electronic)
- Leased access to Nature and Science.
- Added new databases and full-text current e-journals in response to faculty needs.
- Assigned 0.5 FTE library faculty member to conduct collection assessment. Developed model for ongoing collection evaluation projects.
- Working with selectors, fine-tuned print and e-journals according to faculty needs.
- Allocated funds to add materials for new faculty.