- Search Resources
- Course Reserves
- Government Info
- Interlibrary Loan
- Need Help?
- Faculty & Students
- Campus Libraries
- About UA Libraries
Due to the pilot status of the LibQUAL+ surveys in 2002/2003 [and due to the low response rate to the survey in 2003], the survey findings themselves had little influence on subsequent goal setting. Rather, the University Libraries' elected to follow:
1. Goals and priorities set by the University administration.
2. Formal requests from the Student Government Association for improved facilities
3. The University Libraries' need to seek federal funding to expand our digital
4. The University Libraries' need to remain responsive to collaborative initiatives
within ARL, ASERL, and NAAL.
5. Opportunities for the University Libraries to introduce changes proven successful
in other research libraries.
Access to Information
1. Increased number of electronic journals, e.g., BioOne, publishers packages
2. Allocated and expended funds for retrospective purchasing of monographs
3. Expanded hours of Interlibrary Loan to all the hours the library is open. (Accomplished by consolidating circulation services)
Affect of Service
1. Held Customer Service workshop for all faculty and staff
Library as Place
1. Added soft seating in Gorgas, McLure, and Bruno.
2. Created comfortable study nooks in Gorgas
3. Installed four more group study rooms in Gorgas.
4. Reduced physical size of some study tables from 8-12 people/table to 4 people/table.
5. Created silent study areas in Bruno.
1. Word processing was added to public computers in McLure and Rodgers Libraries.
2. Placed ads in the CW concerning free checkout of laptops.
3. Increased the number of laptops available in Gorgas Library from 12 to 21.